Munavvar Izhar emphasises that Health of a person is multifaceted and ALL facets have to be smooth and synchronized for optimal or perfect health.
Holistic health is about caring for the whole person — providing for one’s physical, mental, spiritual, and social needs. It’s rooted in the understanding that all these aspects affect your overall health, and being unwell in one aspect affects you in the others. Munavvar Izhar gives the example of Holistic Health (Body and Mind) to that of a Car. A good car needs good seats, paint, audio system, heating/cooling, brakes etc..(all these are body parts) and likewise the good car also needs a nice well maintained Engine (this is the mind). If the engine is malfunctioning the rest of the car parts become useless. Hence, the importance of optimally working Body and Mind.
Munavvar Izhar says that to achieve Holistic Health External and Internal things need to be done. External Means would be:
1. Holistic Nutrition which includes unrefined, unprocessed, organic and locally grown whole foods; Incorporation of Superfoods in the diet (include 8-10 everyday); Portion control (stomach should have 1/3rd food, 1/3rd water and 1/3rd empty).
2. Physical Activity and Stretching Start slowly with whatever time you can afford and slowly increase time and intensity. Munavvar Izhar emphasizes that small things done regularly and consistently have a profound effect on general well being. Stretching, in recent studies have revealed that the body loves it and it also improves cardiovascular health.
3.Sleep and Rest Munavvar Izhar says that shortchanging both of these due to our work schedules and busy lives ends up hurting mind and body. If this goes on for years it takes its toll in the form of Heart diseases, Diabetes etc..
With Holistic Health people accept responsibility for their own level of well-being, and everyday choices are used to take charge of one’s own health.
Munavvar Izhar also mentions that Holistic Health can be achieved through Internal Means as well:
1. BRAIN – HEART AXIS: According to Munavvar Izhar Brain thinks, computes, analyzes but the Heart feels things and provides feedback to the mind. If the feedback is positive Brain and Heart remain strong otherwise one will drag the other down which again munavvar Izhar emphasizes will give rise to Depression, Anxiety, heart disease, hormonal disturbances giving rise to other diseases. Brain- Heart Axis is affected by numerous things mentioned below.
2. “Think positive, Ignore the Negatives”. Munavvar Izhar says if this is implemented than reflex feedback in the mind generates positives creating a positive environment with more likelihood of positives happenings which confirm the Karmic laws of logistics as well.
3. “Forgive” other people, family and self too. Munavvar Izhar says that forgiveness eases up the load on our inner tendencies making way for peace and love which in turn generate oxytocin and dopamine hormones creating well being!
4. According to Munavvar Izhar “Gratitude and Thankfulness” for any and everything is a great quality to possess which crushes an individual’s Arrogance and Ego. This again creates positive and good feelings creating more positive energy and enthusiasm in an individual.
5. Munavvar Izhar also says to “Develop a Passion and Interest” in things. Something that will motivate a person to do things according to their interest. He says that people don’t need to follow other people’s hobbies and interests. “Do what interests you, because you are You not others” emphasizes munavvar Izhar stating that this creates and validates the importance and fulfillment for self, a key to feeling good and generates happiness.
6. Creating a learning and “development strategy” is key to achieving # 5 above.
Munavvar Izhar states that all the above strategies are key to fueling the body, engaging the mind, and nurturing the spirit summarizing the very essence of Holistic Health. For more interaction with Munavvar Izhar on this or related topics, please communicate via the blog – https://drmunavvarizhar.medium.com/